I know from speaking with many homeowners just like you, that making the decision to move is not always an easy one. If you’ve been in your home a long time, whether you need to upgrade to something bigger or upgrade your lifestyle and buy something smaller without compromising on the standard. This decision has probably been on your mind for months, in some cases, for some of our clients, years.
You are not alone. You may have an idea of value, had a few agents round and have made your selection of the agent that best suits your needs.
How soon before you want to be on the market should you be instructing your agent? What is the time scale?
We say about 21 days in advance.
Seems a long time doesn’t it? Yet much like buying a new kitchen, the process takes time to perfect and evolve into something so spectacular it’ll knock your buyers off their browsing perch. Any marketing for your home, any brochure, website, or even Rightmove needs to be planned in advance so that even the smallest of details is covered, prepped and ready. What you see on Rightmove from VMOVE has taken hours of planning to get just right. Just like you, the brochure and the marketing plan needs time to adjust to world around it.
How long would you wait for the perfect kitchen? Think of all the elements involved in the process:
- Getting the design just right,
- Each appliance in the right place to work perfectly for the purpose it was designed while being aesthetically pleasing.
- Then there’s the hand painted finish
- Dovetailed detailing on the drawers,
- Colour matching to the perfect shade,
- The selection of the perfect handles and worktops,
- Sourcing the materials
- A worthy tradesman should have a pretty full order book too.
Things turn out so much better if time is taken on them.
“Great things take time”
Your home has to be prepared meticulously too. Especially a unique and premium home. I’m sure the decision to market your house was a considered one. Certainly one not taken lightly.
Why does it take so long?
- You’ll need outside picture of your home in the sunshine, I have high standards in order to get the very best results from our clients. No house will launch without the very best outside shot. Taken slightly elevated where possible. These, sometimes, take a while to capture. Even more so in the winter months.
- The lifestyle magazine photographer is worth the wait.
He is so good, he gets booked up pretty fast. This is a good thing as in the background we can start to plan the brochure and work the shots out around that. Do we need more lifestyle, portrait or landscape and which ones we’ll need in both as Rightmove and the brochure formats can be very different.
- We need to plan what physical tweaks we need to make to get the perfect shot.
- The copywriter can’t start until she has the information she needs, such as our photos and floorplan.
Telling a story to help your buyer feel something about your home takes time. Harry Potter was certainly not written in a day, and you know what? The magical tale took many hours to put together so beautifully.
- The brochure can go through as many as 8 versions until we are happy with what has been produced and that the conversion does the right thing. We then need to step back and ensure that the brochure and the wording and the photograph take your buyer’s on a journey that ends with a phone call and viewing. Capturing the beauty of a property takes time to get everything right.
- The twilight shot needs the perfect conditions to be completely successful.
- Not forgetting the bespoke to you, board with Look Back appeal. We have to get the image just right to get enough ‘Look back appeal’
- We’ve also got all the identification checks, the property information forms, the branding, the structure for Rightmove and the perfect portal write up to convert all those lovely browsers into viewers. So that we can take the tour and convert your viewers into buyers.
The marketing of your home takes time because it needs too. Perfection takes time but you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Especially in a time where you are what ‘google says you are’ Let’s ensure that google looks favourably on you. Let’s make the house so appealing to the right buyers that it gets all the right attention, first time around.
Our clients understand and are excited by this. Each one of them knows that we will do whatever it takes to get everything perfect. They know that the results they get will outweigh a short wait. The results will be bold, beautiful and bespoke and above all, will win the hearts and minds of the buyers.
If you’d like one of our marketing packs for you to see, I’d love to send you a complimentary copy. Email me direct on email@example.com and I’ll send you one the very same day.